The Department for Business, Innovation and Skills has issued statutory guidance, Calculating the minimum wage, to help employers comply with national minimum wage laws.
Its aim is to give businesses and other organisations practical advice and examples to help explain issues such as:
- What counts and does not count as pay.
- What counts and does not count as working hours.
- The eligibility rules for the minimum wage.
- How to calculate the minimum wage.
- How the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills will enforce the minimum wage
- Download the statutory guidance from the gov.uk website.